Notes from a recent training session (rather a basic one – but fundamentals are easily forgotten in stressful situations) :
- Keep a copy of the job advert and specification.
- Keep a copy of your application form / CV
- Research the department / organisation + make notes
- Understand where the organisation is going
- Prepare questions to ask the interviewers
- Re-read your key documents – your application form / CV etc.
- Natural but not casual
During the Interview
- Take your time
- Ask for repetition / clarification of questions – either because you need them or to give you time to answer
- Give brief answers – ask if more detail is required.
- Answer questions