The truth is, I am on shaky ground here. But I know it is possible to begin:
- Become aware, to acknowledge fear. This is, itself, a fearful thing to do. But is must be done.
- Recognise that our fears are often little things. The shadow of fear looms large, but the essence of fear is smallness, weakness, foolishness. And know the truth, for the plain truthis that are more powerful than we know.
- Take up arms against fear. To take on the biggest fear that you can face and beat it down. When this is truly dead, you will be all the stronger: ready to take on bigger foes.
- Develop wisdom. This will keep you from stumbling into the pits that fear once kept you from.
- You cannot overcome fear unless you are motivated to do so. Develop reasons why you need to be free from fear.
- Seek help from others. This can be hard, if fear of others is somewhere in the mix.
- Perhaps God can help?
“For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind”. (2 Timothy 1:7)